Friday, July 19, 2013

sickness :(

         Ok so my little guy has been extremely sick.  I have been one worried mom plus i have been almost just as sick as him so its been a long week to say the least.  Last Thursday (the 11th) he started coughing.  I was a little worried but i was just hoping he had a little cold and it would go away in a few days.  Well the next morning around 5 he woke up like he normally does to eat.  I went at got him but he was having a problem breathing.  He sounded like he had water in his mouth and was trying to breath at the same time.  I got him to cough up a little and then he fell back asleep.  I put him in bed with me, (matt was already up getting ready to go to work), so i could watch him.  I could not sleep i was just so worried he would stop breathing or something.  You also have to know that ever since Jaxon was born he has never been able to take a deep breath.  Our doctor has been really great to help us figure out why.  We think he has asthma but we are not sure since you can't test it till he is older.  He also wheezes most of the time and we are still trying to figure out why.  Ok anyways so with his breathing problems and him getting sick it was not a good thing.  I took him to insta care because our doctor was not in that day and they gave him a breathing treatment and had us by the nebulizer machine so i could give him breathing treatments at home.  So we did that all weekend and he was just getting worse and worse.  I didn't know what to do, I was doing all I could and I felt like I was failing him.  I just wanted to get him better.
      Monday I took him to the doctor and he was one sick little boy by then.  His eyes where swollen, his ears where infected and he could hardly breath.  So our doctor put him on singular, a steroid, and an antibiotic.   But while the doctor was looking at him he suddenly stopped breathing,  it was so scary, thank goodness the doctor was there to help him but i just wanted to cry,  I knew this was really bad.  So we got a chest X ray. And it turns out he has pneumonia and Bronchitis.  So we had to put him on stronger medicine.  It has definitely helped but he is still having a problem breathing.  He just can't take a full breath.  Its really scary to watch.  He also has such a stuffy nose and is so full of mucus.  I am doing all i can to clean out his nose but he still sounds terrible.  He usually has so much energy and is so excited about almost anything.  Lately he has just wanted to lay there and just not really do much.  I hate it I just want my happy healthy baby back.  The doctor told us that there is a slight chance that his heart might not be strong enough to take a deep breath, which is really scary but we don't know right now, but if so we will deal with it as it comes.  I have also been really sick, I can hardly breath my self and i have no energy.  Its so hard to take care of him when i am so sick, but I want to do everything i can to get him better.  Thankfully my sweet mother in law came down to help us.  seriously i don't know what i would have done with out her.  Jaxon has a doctors appointment on Monday so hopefully we can get him feeling better.
        We have also decided to find our dog a new home,  We love her and we will miss her but with Jaxon's breathing problems its just not a good idea to have her in our home.  Hopefully we will find her a new home soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment