Monday, January 7, 2013

Jaxon's Big Debut





Sunday December 23rd 2012:
       Sunday I woke up feeling fine.  My sister was actually at my house that morning and we were planing on going to my moms for the day!  So we left and headed to my moms that morning.  We got there and ate lunch/dinner and my mom need to make a trip to Walmart for some last minute shopping before Christmas.  I know it was Sunday and we should not go shopping but I decided to go with her.  While we where walking around I started to not feel so great.  I didn't really think much of it I just was sick to my stomach and I had some major cramps.  When we got back it was around 5 and I told Matt that we should probably head home because I was not feeling so good.  So I drove home but I probably shouldn't have.  I started to have some major pain, but I didn't want to tell Matt because he was so tired and I didn't want to make a big deal out of nothing.  We got to Parowan (where Matt's parents live) and I decided that we should spend the night there.  So I still didn't really say anything to Matt about my cramps, which where turning into contractions, and we just watched a movie till around 9 and i said that I was going to go take a shower and go to bed.  So I did and my contractions started to coming every half hour.  And each one i just wanted to scream.  Ugh its some of the worst pain i have ever felt.  I just waited for Matt to come to bed.  He was hanging out with his brothers that he never really gets to see so I didn't want to take away that time from him.  He came to bed and I told him what was going on.  His first reaction was "ah do we need to go to the hospital."  I said no because I knew my contractions needed to be closer together.  So I said lets try to get some sleep.  Matt went to sleep but I didn't.  I was in far to much pain.  All night long my contractions kept coming 30 minutes apart.  I woke Matt up at 3 because I just couldn't do it alone anymore.  I needed him.  So he said lets call the hospital and see what they say.  And they said exactly what I thought they would.  That my contractions needed to be closer together.  Matt helped me get into the bath tub so that maybe I would not be in so much pain and could sleep.  He sat with me the whole time.  He was so sweet.  After that I did get some sleep till about 8.  

Monday December 24th
     When I woke up I was still having contractions every 30 Minutes.  They did stop for a few hours during the day, which was nice.  But around 2 they came back.  Still just the same every 30 minutes. Matt's parents had a Christmas Party planned that night with the whole family.  I really wanted to go because I wanted to see everyone and Matt's mom made this really good soup, (a copy cat recipe from olive garden!!!)  By the time the party came my contractions had gottin more intense but not closer together.  I could hardly stand or  keep from tearing up with each one.  We ate which after all day of smelling the soup i did't get to eat much but that's ok.  When the party was almost over Matt and I decided that I should go to labor and delivery to see if i was dilated or what.  So we get there and they hook me up to monitors to check to make sure Jaxon was not under stress and he was fine!  Then they checked me and I was dilated to a 1.  I was like you are kidding me. I just thought i would be further along after all that.  So I was still in a lot of pain so they gave me some pain medication and a sleeping pill. We went home I took a bath, not because I just love baths or something but it really helped with the pain.  So finally around Midnight we went to sleep.  I slept for about two hours and then woke up with some intense contractions

Tuesday December 25th
    Ok so I woke up and my contractions had gotten so bad. I was in screaming pain. It sounds ridiculous but really.  They were still 30 minutes apart though.  I was not really feeling so good, i felt like i was going to throw up.  I thought maybe it was because i didn't really eat much and took a ton of medicine, so I decide to eat.  I pored a bowl of cereal and sat on the couch to eat.  Right when Matt walks down the stairs all I could say was "bucket".  I knew i was going to puke.  Matt scrambled and scrambled to find one and by the time he did he was a little late.  I threw up all over the floor, him, and me.  I got up and all of a sudden a huge gush of water falls to the ground.  So we thought my water broke.  So we go into labor and delivery.  They do this test to see if it really was my water broke, it didn't, i just peed my pants i guess. They checked me and i was at a two and half.  I was kinda upset at this point.  Not at anyone or anything i just wanted to get the show on the road.  They kept me to watch Jaxons vitals and to see if i would dilate any more.  It was round 12 and they checked me again and I was still the same.  So they sent me home and they said to do stuff, to try to get myself dilated more so they could give me an epidural.  So I came home and shampooed my carpets, because i threw up all over them.  It worked because my contractions started coming 5 minutes apart   It was the most pain i had ever been in but I was so happy because that meant that our little guy was coming.  We went to the hospital around 5 and they still had my room that i was in earlier the way i left it.  So that was kind of nice.  They checked me and i was barley at a 3.  They started me on an IV and hooked me up to the monitors that watch the babies heart beat and my contractions.  So now we just had to wait.  I could not get an epidural yet so we just waited and Matt helped me get through my contractions.  It was a long long night. My mom was also there and she stayed with us for most of the time.  I was so glad she was there.  They finally let me get an epidural around 11.  I was really scared of it but I was in so much pain i didn't care anymore.  The guy that did it was really good.  He tried to tell jokes and keep my mind off it but it was so hard because i had two major contractions right in the middle.  But i didn't move and I was so relieved when it started working.  They did give me a button to push if i felt a lot of pain, i had pushed it twice, because i was still in a lot of pain for some reason.  Around midnight I my mom and my grandma where in my room, (Matt was out in talking to his family)  and all I remember is my mom telling my grandma to go get the nurse right away.  I thought huh that's funny, but i could tell something was wrong, i could not concentrate.  I tried to tell my mom but I couldn't.  The next thing i remember was waking up with a face mask on and everyone was a little panicked.  My blood pressure had dropped really low and i passed out.  (my memory gets a little fuzzy but i will try to remember what happened).  I don't know how much time passed, not very much, but the nurse decided that she would check me again.  She laid me down and I remember getting really shaky, and some where in between all this the doctor was there because it was time to break my water.  (that's why she was wanting to check me in the first place)  I remember shaking so bad and then i woke up and with the doctor right next to me watching jaxon's and my vitals and then they put some stuff in my IV that would keep my blood pressure from dropping again.  (somewhere in all this i was throwing up, and my mom kept cleaning me off, thanks mom!)  After they got me stable they broke my water, and then we just had to wait.  Then everyone went home for a few hours to sleep.  Matt stayed with me of course and he was so sweet.  He had tears in his eyes when it was just the two of us.  I will never forget it.  I think i fell so much more in love with him at that moment.

Wednesday, December 26th
     Around 1 I was in a lot of pain.  Something was wrong with my epidural.  The pump started beeping like crazy.  The nurse came in but she didn't really know how to fix it.  She tried her hardest but the anesthesiologist was in helping with a surgery.  And he would not be done till two.  It was a long hour to say the least but finally he came in.  Did some stuff with all the tubes, looked at my back and said that he probably fixed it.  I felt it working again but not really that great.  I was still in a lot of pain.  but i didn't say anything until it started beeping again, and my pain got worse.  So he comes in again and fiddles with it then walks out. the second he does it beeps again, then he checks the batteries, and they where dead. So he had to get a new pump. After that it worked great until the medicine ran out.  So then my contractions slowly got stronger and stronger, it was about an hour and a half until they could get the pharmacy to give me another bad of medicine. I don't know why but it took forever.  By now it was 2:30 in the morning.  They said to try to get some rest but i knew that the time to push was coming but i didn't really say anything because i knew Matt needed to sleep and in the next room a lady had been pushing for two hours. (ugh i felt so bad for her.) by 3:30 I beeped the nurse and told her that i felt some major pressure, and i told Matt to call my mom and his parents to get down to the hospital. I need my mom there and I was so glad she was able to come in the room with us.  I did notice that Matt was pacing back and forth and was really nervous so I told my mom to go get his mom.  Some people might think its a little weird to have your mother-in-law in the room while giving birth but we have a pretty good relationship, and my privacy went out the window a long time before that.  The nurse didn't have to check me Jaxon's head was already showing.  So they got me ready to start pushing.  Finally my mom got there and Matt's parents and I started pushing at 3:55.  By this point in time I was so ready to meet our little guy.  I had been in labor for 3 days and i was determined to make him come fast, even though they said usually first time moms have to push for a couple of hours.  (i just thought ugh how am i going to do this)  Anyways I started pushing and i could feel him coming.  It was the most amazing, and scary feeling.  I tried to listen to the nurses and the doctor and try to do everything they say.  about 15 minutes later they said his head was popping out and that he had lots of hair.  I was so excited, i wanted to see him so bad (but i was not about to peek down there, way to scary)  So with each contraction i did my best to push him out and ten minutes later I saw him in the doctors arms.  He was not crying yet, the doctor did something to get all the gunk out of his mouth and he let out a huge cry.  I felt so much love at that moment.  He was beautiful.  They handed him to me and it made all the pain of the last 3 days worth it.  I thought wow how lucky we are to have him, and him be healthy.  They let me hold him for about two hours because the girl in the other room was still pushing.  (that poor women)  They had me feed him and then they cleaned him off, gave him some shots, and then weighed and measured him.  He weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces, and was 19 inches.

  

1 comment:

  1. Wowww Ash certainly was quite an experiance audacity is amazing but pain and lasting happiness with you have to Jaxon, congratulations for your good labor

    ReplyDelete